Monday, October 12, 2015

An Experiment

A poem with what I think is a new style for me. Title credit to my own past poem. :P

============================================================
Since You Mentioned Independence

I will stand between
You and the world.
You will fly, but never fall:
I will find a way,
No,
We will find a way

To be precious, to be strong,
And mysterious,
And erroneous, sometimes.

I will stand beside
You, in the storm.
You will ride the waves
But never sink:
I
Will navigate

Wrong roads, messy oaths,
Bloody meals --
Cannibalistic, sometimes.

I will sit where
You will always see
Me being there for you
Always, always.
You
Won't be alone:

Not in sleep, nor in dreams --
My love for you
Asphyxiating, sometimes.
============================================================

Whew. Comment comment comment. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...