Friday, June 3, 2011

Wallpaper 30 : How not to do it

I was going for a spooky effect with the red and black. Everything was fine, until I decided to add a little surreal lighting with the sparkle setting of paint daubs and a few distorts. I left it midway, saving it and closing the file, and when I came back, I had no history, and no memory of what steps I'd followed. I had no way to use the exact same sequence of distorts and my effects were left unfinished. I was too apprehensive of experimenting even more with the mess. Lesson learnt: save it but don't close it, you just might forget. This will make a good addition to 'never split sittings on a wallpaper if you're just experimenting with no concrete target in mind'. That's something I learnt long ago, fortunately that time the results were not as disastrous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...