Friday, September 17, 2010

Poems of yesteryears --Childish Dreams

After writing my first poem, I wondered what to write about. At that time, I dreamt of becoming an astronaut. This little thing was written the same year as my first poem.
============================================
Guess My Aim

Hey, grown-ups! What do you think I’ll be
When as old as you all I shall be?
Lawyer? Doctor?
Engineer? Teacher?
No, no, of course not.
I shall be an astronaut.

Where shall I pay frequent visits to
When there’ll be no time to visit you too?
The court? The clinic?
The factory? The school?
No! Those are not for me.
As for my choice, space it shall be.

What special shall I have
When no longer for sweets I shall crave?
Black-white uniform? Stethoscope?
Safety gear? Chalk-duster? Oh, no hope.
It’s others those shall suit.
For me, it shall be a smart spacesuit.

============================================

And beside that I drew myself in a spacesuit; I attempted to draw the spacesuit like I'd seen it on a photo of Buzz Aldrin. I was a HUGE fan of outer space and everything related to it at that time, and I continued to be till I realised that there are enough surprising things on Earth itself.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak and you will be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...